Saturday, August 25, 2007

Being Thankful



Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday! So when is our DAY of REST. Today's being grateful thought was easy becasue I'm doing house work. I once was asked in conversation what I thought the greatest invention ever invented was and without much thought I said the Washing Machine.

Now stop and think about it. You may come up with something much more profound, but really, it's the washing machine. Can you even imagine out washing everything you wear every time you wear it,going outside in some big basin or stream near by and scrubbing until the clothes are clean. Doing it by hand, usually in freezing water, or boiling the clothes on the stove if you really wanted them clean.

I would bet if we asked our ancestors which they would rather have, now I am talking the women folk or single, windowed men, which they would rather have, a lap top computer, blackberry, telephone, or even the automobile, what do you really think they would say.

Now I can and have lived without a dryer, even when the girls were in diapers (yes clothe diapers), I have lived without a computer, cell phone, DVD player, I have even been in a one car family before and road a bike to work. But I cannot and will not be without a Washing Machine. If ours breaks I will call a repair man imm. and have even been know to cry when he said he wouldn't have the part for 3 days. He ridged something up for me until the part came in. I almost kissed him. I did call his employer and tell them what a great job he did.

So give it some thought and see if you agree with me that the WASHING MACHINE is the greatest invention known to man and mostly women.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Actually, I miss the days that I would do laundry outside in a basin and then hang it up to dry. One of the simple pleasures of life in Brazil. A time to think - something we as Americans don't really worry about as much as we should. I miss simpler days.