Monday, August 27, 2007

Not much to say

Today was Monday, another day at work trying to stay organized and keep things running and nurses from going crazy with the rapid turnover of Pt's.

My thankful moment today is that I have a good paying job. I never looked at it as a career, because I didn't want a career, I wanted to make home, and family my full time job, but other things played into that. So I'm grateful that I have a job with some meaning, that I can be proud of, that does help other people and that I can make some money at.

Yesterday, Sunday I had many things to be grateful for, and of course family was part of that. I love when the married kids come for Sunday dinner. We have a good time and laugh and joke and find out all kinds of secrets about each of them. Melanie says the untold truths from everyones high school days are not to come out until everyone is out if the house, but we learned that Gordon had a run in with a dead cat, thanks to Jessica. She has an inside look now, and that helps.

My my other grateful thing is that I know how to sew. I had a dress that I had bought for the temple of Gordon and Jessica's wedding and the day before I burned a hole right through the collar and ruined the dress. I almost tossed the jacket and was just going to keep the sleeveless dress and ware it with a sweater, but I took off the collar and sewed the neckline together and it looks like it was meant to be that way.

Just a quick memory. I took 2 summers of sewing classes with all the girls from our ward at the Jr. High between 6Th and 7Th grades and I have been grateful for that ever sense. Thanks mom. My girls didn't get that same learning experience, so I'll try and make up for that by making Halloween Costumes until I die.

No comments: