Friday, August 24, 2007

Things to be grateful for.



When we stop and think how grateful we are for things, and how blessed we are, family comes very first then my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints,and the love of the Lord, my testimony and then all the other wonderful and special things in our lives. We have warm homes, food enough to share, jobs to support our own livelihood, health issues that can be managed, a country where we are free and safe, and have rights that others only dream of and want for themselves.

We and I mean Me have so much to be grateful for, but there are days when I find myself wanting more, or feeling sorry for myself when things aren't going just right, more or less a pity party for one.

After talking to a good friend about this I was told her sister was feeling the same way one day and decided that at the end of everyday she was going to come up with at least one new thing she was grateful for, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem. So my goal with each blog and each nightly prayer that I might do the same.

The great pictures at the beginning are just a few of my many blessings. Those are the obvious ones.(Plus I learned to do a slide show).

Today I am grateful I visited a sick Uncle and spent time with my daughters and husband. Yesterday as I left the hospital from work I was grateful I was parked in the shade, and that my truck always starts, and that Matt landed safe in California.

No comments: