Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A story to tell...someday.

You know when you go to a funeral and they tell great stories. Don't you wonder how they remembered it, or who told them, or was that person really that great. Well I have a funeral story, not to be told anytime soon, but to be remembered.

Many years ago the whole family was getting ready to leave the house in the morning at the same time. Amazingly enough the kitchen was cleaned up, the counter de-cluttered and everyone was leaving.

I had just gone to put my sunglasses on my face and suddenly they broke right in half. I remember saying I really loved those glasses, they just fit so perfect and they weren't even scratched yet. I left the two pieces on the bar and we all left.

I got home first around 2pm and there on the bar were a pair of perfect sunglasses. No broken nose piece. I picked them up, looked at them and was so confused. They were the exact same ones I had broken that morning, no repair marks, just perfect glasses. I just stood and looked at them and really felt strange.

As the kids came home I questioned each one and no one knew what had happened, but we all remember them being broken. When Kim finally got home I asked him about them and he said he went to Ross's and got me a new pair. The exact same pair. He said I told him at some point in the morning that I had gotten them there. I didn't remember telling him.

Kim has given me many many gift's many have made me cry. Just ask our kids. Big power tools make me cry. But those simple, and not expensive sunglasses have always been a favorite. I wish I still had them, but I do still have the Love and thoughtfulness of the man who gave them to me. I hope everyone at some point in their lives receive such a kind and thoughtful gift.

No comments: